Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas is coming, how do you celebrate??

So Kathy over at Blessed Beyong Imagination had this one her blog, and it looked like fun...

So here it is:

Eerything You Always Wanted To Know About How We Celebrate Christmas...
I'm sure you've been wanting to ask me these questions all year long, right???? LOLOLOL


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Though I don't like chocolate, I love hot chocolate. I don't like eggnog. Period. Not even a little bit.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We don't do Santa. But ALL the presents are wrapped. Even the stocking ones!


3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the tree & house. Though last year, I decided to buy a fake tree for the porch and it has colored because of Samuel's begging. Next year, though... they will mysteriously turn white, too.


4. Do you hang mistletoe? we hang a mistle-toad. It's this stuffed frog with kissing lips. :p


5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend. Usually that Sunday as it is the first day of Advent.


6. What is your favorite Christmas dish? Corned beef. Though we have it other times during the year, too.


7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Being hispanic, we would stay up until all hours of the night, and not go to sleep until way after 1 am. I mean, come on, we had Christmas Eve dinner between 11pm & midnight. That quickly changed when both my sister & I married Americans. I remember our first Christmas as marrieds, it was 5pm and John asked the most bizzare question on Christmas Eve. He said " When is dinner, it's 5pm?" To which I said " When is dinner? It is only 5 pm!!!"

Now we eat at 5 pm.


8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My parents did Santa, but seeing as how celebrations lasted well into the morning hours, Santa came sometime in the night while we slept. Then I heard from my friends he came at midnight, sharp. The 2 didn't reconcile. Enough said.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
YES! Who can last that long without even one gift????

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Blue, silver & white. Though more multi colored ornaments have made their way in.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it the first day. Dread it because it stay around for weeks.

12. Can you ice skate? Um, yes. But don't because my arthritis can't take being on top of the ice anymore.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? YES! It was a bicycle! John gave it to me. Through Samaritan's Purse. It was for a missionary in India. And I cried. And now my children give me beautiful things from there also. This is my other favorite part of Christmas. :)

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Jesus. And then Jesus. And then after Jesus, Jesus. And celebrating with family. Love the songs, too. And have I mentioned Jesus?

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? These Jewish cookies my cousin makes. AMAZING. They are my favorites, I don't know the name. But I love them. And she only makes them during Christmas.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Advent. We have our own family Advent wreath. And John reading the Christmas story ( Luke) before opening presents.

17. What tops your tree? A star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving!! Duh.

19. Candy Canes: YES!!! I love candy canes! Love them love them love them. Have you ever seen a big stick? Gone in 20 minutes.

20 Favorite Christmas Show? It's a Wonderful Life. Duh. Though Home Alone is a classic.

21. Saddest Christmas Song? Is there a sad Christmas song?

WAIT!!

There is a song that made me cry this year. I mean really cry. Third Day's Merry Christmas. It is too close to home. Chloe told me to listen to it again. I think she thought I needed to weep. Again.
And here is the story behind it.

22. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Come O Come Emmanuel.



And now for even MORE fun, go HERE!!! It is hilarious!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We've got some things in common on this list!!

Kathy C. said...

I WANT a mistle-toad...I'm going to my sewing room right now and making one....oh wait, take a photo, e-mail it to me, PLEASE! That's the cutest thing I've ever heard of! :)

I loved hearing about all your traditions.