Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 5, 2009

My mom

So, when I asked my mom way back if she wanted to go with us to China...I hadn't even finished my sentence when she jumped out her skin and said a resounding YES!


(Note the necklace with all her granchidren)


My mom is the kind of grandmother that is there. She is the most reliable person I know. Her grandchildren ( as well as her children) mean the world to her. And they know it. Yes, she is your typical Italian/Jewish grandmother, without being being either Italian OR Jewish, but thats what we love about her.

When my sister used to live in CA, she would take weekend trips out there to watch her 4 year old granddaughter's ballet recital. After all, how could she miss that? Or another CA weekend trip to watch her grandson's Christmas show at church, in which he didn't sing a word, just stood there staring out the whole time.

But she wouldn't have missed that for the world.

So back to China. She is leaving for El Salvador this Saturday. ( My cousin is graduating college) She has to run to the Chinese Consulate tomorrow, for they are closed most of the week, and get her Chinese visa and get her passport back in 2 days! She can't do it when she comes back, because chances are, she will be home from 1 - 4 days before she turns around and goes to China.

But does that make her crazy? No. She is already crazy.

In a good way. :)

That is just a challenge she will meet head on, and make it happen.

After all she is going to meet her newest granddaughter. Her namesake!

2 comments:

Kathy C. said...

How awesome ~ what a fantastic blessing you have in your Mom. :) That's the kind of Grandma I want to be. I'm sad that I only have one child to give me grandkids,BUT, that will cut down a little bit on the travel aspect of it,won't it? LOL China! Wow. :)

Unknown said...

How exciting for all of you to take her along. Or maybe she is taking you along :)

My cousin adopted 3 small children, 3 different times. Two from Viet Nam and one from China, and my aunt and uncle, her mom and dad, went with them. In fact, when they piced up their 6th and final child, the whole family went to China. They had a blast!

We'll be watching.