Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

BAD News / GREAT news

Yesterday, I got a call from Kate, and she was sooo mad. USCIS aka Homeland security *lost* our paperwork



I know!! Right??

They up & changed PO boxes the week I sent our stuff in and according to the post office, it was delivered. They have it *somewhere*. I started to cry. This means it will be about another month before we go to China. ANOTHER MONTH SHE IS NOT HERE. Everytime I start to think about it I want to cry. Again.

We are so ready. This is over 2 years of paperwork/waiting/filing/running around like a maniac to make it happen. And it wasn't China that is causing the trouble. It is US!

So, now MAYBE we will go in December.

Whatever.

Yes I am slightly bitter.

Okay, so after hours of pacing and trying to get over the frustration, my sister called.

Elizzi (our niece) got into HARVARD!!!!

****YAY*****

(click to view bigger; she is the one of the right)


The Harvard crew team courted her and last night they told her she is in!!!! She has always wanted to go there. That was her hope. And to know now, instead of next spring like the rest of America's high school senior.

She is a smarty pants.

It was bound to happen.

Her grade point average is 5.2 and she did Algebra 2 in like 8th grade.


Smarty pants I tell you.


So as upsetting as finding out our daughter has to be in an orphanage for another month** excessive sigh** I can't help but be so very happy, too.

3 comments:

Kathy C. said...

My friend, can you fill me in on what you are going to China for? I am behind in this one,...OR direct me to the posts that will fill me in. :)
Blessings my friend!

GreenPunkMama said...

So sad to hear it will be another month before you get to bring her home from China :( I'll keep praying for all of you.

But WOW Harvard huh? Awesome and congrats to her!

Unknown said...

Oh, I am so sorry about losing that paperwork. How frustrating!! But a little squirmy Christmas present would be just the thing.

And that is so cool that your son in law is the same almost to the day age as your son. I love that! I love it a lot!!