Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Wow, so yesterday, we finally decided that yes indeed, we would go over a friend's house to celebrate the new year.  But then John came home from work at 8pm.  Exhausted.  We then decided maybe staying home was not such a bad idea after all.

It took Samuel absolutely NO EFFORT to stay awake.  I guess being 9 has its advantages.  I played Bible Baseball with him until it was almost midnight.  And can I say, I rock!!  Its a Bible trivia game and the more you know the better score you get.  It also helped in keeping me awake. 

Chloe & Josiah were downstairs watching a movie, and if we joined them, I would have fallen asleep so fast, I would have been in my 5th dream well before 10.  

John fell asleep right after he ate dinner.

Wow.  We are getting old.

Since we were not planning on being home for the midnight hour, I had no sparkling apple cider to toast with.  I had some seltzer water, but no one was interested in that except for me.  Samuel did have some fire crackers my sister got him for Christmas, and we went out side and enjoy them.

Well, as much as one can enjoy being outside while freezing.

John went back to bed & Samuel followed right quick.  Then came my favorite part of the evening.  Chloe, Josiah & I decided to spend some time in prayer together.  It was amazing and I had never done that before.   Bring in the New Year wrapped in prayer.

Which leads me to my next point.   I started a Bible memorization challenge for the new year!!  It started to day, and I already learned my first verse!!  Okay, I already knew it so it wasn;t too difficult, but its 250 verses in a year.


I desire to spend more time in the Word, in prayer, and in general presence of my King.  I am reading Homeschooling With a Meek and Quiet Spirit by Terry Maxwell.  I have read it before and enjoyed it. This time around its convicting this crusty soul.  


I was reading this verse today, and came out and shot me right between the eyes!!

Are you so foolish?  After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?  Galatians 3:3.

This is the story of my life. 

Which probably explains why I feel so behind the eight ball constantly.

So, for the new year, my goal is to seek HIS face.  :)


  


1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey Madeline,
I'm finally getting around to everyone's blogs after a little break. I've read back through your posts, and it looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. I love the part of wrapping New Year's Eve in prayer! We're reading through the Bible as a family every night at supper. We started that on New Year's Day.
Have a wonderful week-end!