Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

Today



Today is my daughter's birthday.

Today she is 22.

Today she lives 7 your from our home.

Today she is with her husband, celebrating like the grown daughter that she is


Today I miss her terribly.

Today  I am glad she has used her wings to fly.

Today I remember her beautiful smile, that is so ready for use.

Today I remember her sarcasm, and it makes me laugh and cringe at the same time.

Today I remember her tender heart.

Today I remember her encouragement to the weak.

Today I remember her 1st birthday.

And her 5th.

And her 10th.

And her 18th.

Today I remember she was the peace maker of our home.

Today I remember when she got her driver's license.  

Today I wish I could hug her, hold her, and look into those chocolate brown eyes.

Today I remember how much I love to watch her dance.

Today I remember her laughter, that is just like her daddy's.

Today I remember when she was finally old enough to go into the city with a friend, alone, and I knew she was not my little girl anymore.

Today I remember when she would cheer us up during  Elly's adoption; when we had nothing left to carry us.

Today I remember when she surrendered her life to Jesus.

Today I remember when she became his.

Today, I wish her a beautiful birthday.

Today I thank God for this child.

Because 22 years ago, I had no idea that this child I carried in my womb would become the child of my peace, my delight, my hope.

Today I wish her many more, for HIS glory, still.

Happy Birthday Beautiful Girl.  You are loved.

4 comments:

Kathy C. said...

Oh Madeleine...this post was absolutely beautiful. I could feel your heart shining through..and it made ME miss your daughter, LOL...and I've never even come close to meeting her. :)
Blessings to you today my friend!

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Happy Birthday to your darling daughter! She sounds absolutely exquisite.

What a blessing she must be to you!!

chloë. said...

Aww, Mom...this made me cry! :) In a good way!

Can't wait for you guys to come visit so you can make me my cake! :] Or maybe you can just make it for me in Pennsylvania!

Love you.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Happy Birthday to your precious daughter!