Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 27, 2012

Who is The REAL Crazy Person????


It is January, but Spring is on my mind.

Not because of the weather, since it has been a mild winter, one of which I am NOT complaining about at this point in my life.

But because once again, we had to get our paper work in for our community garden plot!! 

This year, we are going to start with seeds.  

I ordered the seeds yesterday.  It will be amazing and exciting for all of us to see GOD's goodness and provision in the most natural way.  And YES!! I got different kinds of squash, because a certain Baby Boy loves his squash. 



Reason #2 for thinking about Spring.

About 3 or 4 years ago, my husband asked me why we don't have pets that actually give us something back, instead of draining us of our resources.  

Mind you, he LOVES LOVES LOVES the dogs and cats.  I mean, when I am away for the weekend, he lets the dogs sleep on our bed!!!!

AARRGGHH.

No comment.   :P

Anyway, so he has been asking me to look into chickens.

I told him he was crazy.

Seriously.

C.R.A.Z.Y.

The answer was no.

As in capital N and capital O.

Here it is 3 years later, and on Feb. 29, we are expecting these:



That will one day become this:


They were ordered before Thanksgiving.

I have kept it mum to most people (because they all think I am crazy) except I did mention it to a few who's brain I had to pick and gleam information.

And I got an amazing loads of books from the library.

I call the town to make sure it was all cool.  ( FYI the permit to have chickens in this town is actually more expensive than the chickens themselves.  oookkkkkkaaaayyyyyyy)

I know more about chickens than I ever wanted to, but I suppose that is a good thing.

I haven't told my parents yet.

I may have a cow in my yard after I DO tell them.  For chances are pretty good that they will have one. 

But hey!  Fresh milk!!

PS the real crazy person?? I think it is me for finally agreeing.

No comments: