Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, March 5, 2011

WE GOT A PLOT!!!!!

We have a small-ish backyard.  It is ok for this area, bigger then most.

In fact, we have a double lot,  we have 2 addresses!  Of course, all you people from anywhere other then NJ would laugh so hard at the size of our yard.  Kansas we are not.  Our neighbors are mighty close.

ANYWAY, in our yard we have a raised garden.  ( Our oldest son & I already have plans to knock it down this year) It was here when we bought the house.  Unfortunately, we have too many trees and nothing grows from lack of sun.

SO, last year I decided we were going to apply for a plot at the local community garden.



We didn't get in last year.

We were down somewhere deep on the waiting list.  I called.  They told me.  I was bummed.

This year, I tried again, and they just called with the good news!!  Thankfully I answered the phone, for it is first come first serve.  They had called 14 people before calling me and no one answered, so the next person on the list gets a try at the plot.

SHEESH.

Regardless of my thoughts on that philosophy,  WE HAVE A PLOT!!!

I called John with the good news, using those self same words instead of 'hello'.

He asked me if I was planning on burying him.

He thinks he is a funny guy.  :P

So, I am looking forward to enjoying days with my children as we create a vegetable garden, and hopefully, my grandchild and his/her momma will join in on the fun if they come out for the summer!



Now I have to wait for Monday to go to the library and get a load of books out!

4 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Oh my gosh, that's so funny what John said.

Enjoy your garden! After all you said about how precious ground space is there, maybe I'll appreciate my 10 acres a bit more...here in Kansas. :)

Mrs. M said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations.

I was just telling the Butler this week (as we were eating a "fresh" green salad from a bag at the grocery store) how much I was craving tomato sandwiches. I love fresh veggies and since we don't have a yard at all, and I don't have a car to get to a plot in the community garden, we rely on our generous neighbors who do, and my sister-in-law who always has more tomatoes than she can handle.

I am always willing to bake bread in exchange for some tomatoes :)

Anonymous said...

We forget sometimes just how blessed we are. I have a huge yard - front and back, and have several small plots where I am growing vegetables this year. I was wining to myself about all the work in keeping up this yard this year - then I read your post and it made me appreciate what I have.

I wish you great bounty and much success with your harvest this year. May Father grant you wisdom concerning what to plant, and how to tend.

Cody

chloë. said...

How abouts you just grow tomatoes? I could eat them with breakfast, lunch, and dinner :D