Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oh say can you say?



I so enjoy hearing people say things that their kid's have said.

Kids are right down funny.

I think it is so that you can survive those moments that you may think that hamsters are on to something by eating their young before they cause any trouble.

Gross, I know. But I am no saint, and maybe I have thought that once or twice. Maybe.

ANYWAY, the point is, this morning, my youngest son reminded me just how important something is to him.

" Mom, I want my wife to walk down the aisle to the theme of Adventures in Odyssey."

I'm telling you, I cannot WAIT to meet this girl.

And then there was the time when he was 8 or 9, when he was REALLY upset with me for not naming him Phillius Fogg. He thought that was the best name known to mankind. He truly tried to engage me in an argument over this. All I had to say was, "One day son, you will thank me for not naming you Phillius Fogg."

He didn't buy it.

Or hey, how about the time when he found out that if you run 66.8 miles an hour, you can *walk on water* because you will be running so fast, you won't sink. " wOw! Can you imagine if Jesus was alive today?? HE would win every running race!!!"

"Um , well, son..."

" Do I know all my relatives? Because if I don't, can we invite them all over this summer and have a party?"

" So, mom, what will you give me if I finish my school work on time?" WHAT??!!?? duh.

" Mom, how about you pay me to let you cut my hair?" Um how about you sit down and can it before I give you a crew cut and charge you 10 bucks?

" Son, what are you doing? " " Nothing, and can I please finish??"

" Dad, Mom is going to a homeschool curriculum talk, just to find more ways to torture me!!"

"Mom ,can I set up my cot in the room so I can sleep with Chloe & Josiah when they come home to visit?" No. "COME ON, MOM!!"

Not funny but just as real with what I have to deal with with this kid.
When a 25 year old threatened to beat him up ( don't ask); Straightening his 4'10" frame, " Bring it." The 25 year old walk away. :::sigh:::Son...

"Why do I have to get off, I'm a good lander?" " Get off the roof, son."

" Let's play the quiet game and I'll be the judge, so I don't have to be quiet."

" How about when ever one of our pets die, we get two to take their place?" How about NO.

" MOM! I have to get this for my wife!!!" ( It was a t-shirt that said Civil War Nut's Wife) " Son, you are 10."


Yes, there are some good ones out there.

Kids really are great.

3 comments:

chloë. said...

hahaha, there are definitely some there that i hadn't heard before!

oh that kid is a riot. and yes, i can't WAIT to meet the woman who falls in love with that mess of a human being. :P

he's a great kid, though. :)

Unknown said...

Some of those made me laugh out loud and no one else is even home. He is a piece of work that one!!

Kathy C. said...

Oh my! Those ALL made me laugh...and almost all of them reminded me of MY son, LOLOLOL...gotta love kids, but boys in particular,...well, they ARE a different breed indeed. :)