Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

Life is beautiful

Life is beautiful. I keep saying that. Even when I feel hopeless and when I am tired, GOD lets me see just how precious and beautiful it is.

We were at the hospital quite a bit last week.

I have known this man all my American life. I met him the day I came to this great country. I was all of 7 years old. He has been in every part of anything I have ever done. And yet, just about everyone I know has said the same thing. He was that present. His family shared him, and they didn't even feel it. Because his family was first.

The thing is, you kinda felt like part of his family, too. He made you feel that way.

He passed away on Friday. My 11 year old son and my mom were holding his hand as his breathed his last breathe. That, in it of itself is a story. Maybe for another day.

This is the last picture I have of him. It is at my daughter's wedding. Of course he was there. Where else would he be on that 4th of July??


He was Jewish. He was so instrumental in so much of what Israel is today. He ALMOST talked my oldest son to join the Israeli Air Force. lol. And somehow, he would have gotten him in, if Hoops went for it. Never mind that he is not Jewish, or has never set foot in Israel before. That's the kind of guy he was.

Hoops opted for the USAAF. Oh well, he cheered him on in that, too.

He will be missed. Terribly.

Life is beautiful.

Go over to Lori's blog and read about Luke. He is trying to live one! Please pray for him.

And then go over to my beautiful daughter's blog. She has her first give away!! I have yet to have one. That, too, is another story. Maybe for another day. But one of these days I will have one. Just, well, not today.

And so, go out there and live this beautiful life. It is but a breath in time. Don't waste your breaths.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry Maddie. So sorry for your loss. It is harsh and sharp and angry right now. You'll have to figure out how to live this life too, without your dear sweet friend.

Praying for you all.

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. You mentioned him last week in a comment on my blog and I immediately began praying. It sounds like he was an incredible influence on you and your family and will be painfully missed. But what a blessing his life was to you.

Thank you for praying for Luke. He is a precious treasure.

Now I'm heading over to your daughter's blog. :)

chloë. said...

Mr. Goldberger was a great man. He will be missed.

And for your first giveaway, you should give "Marathoning for Mortals", so everyone can go nuts just like you :)

Deb said...

Sorry to hear about your friends passing. He sounded like he left lots of footprints around on peoples hearts.