Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St Paddy's Day!

Let us celebrate this great Christian!!!! He is worth remembering.




We have done full unit studies on the man in school. We have researched him to the good, the bad, the legends, both true and false, and yes, the amazing!

As I mentioned in the past, before I married a full blooded Irishman, I had no idea when this day was.

It is his favorite holiday.

And yes, U2 is his favorite band. ( mine too, but for different reasons)

And yes, our children have been to Black 47 concerts. Quite a few of them. Their father having taken them.

And my husband and my sons, and yes even my daughter have those Irish characteristics that aren't learned. They are born with them. Those babies of mine may have my skin coloring, but they have his personality, his passion. Whether is it great or misdirected.

Let me explain that...I have a quote someone sent me years ago. " The Irish don't know what they want, but they are willing to fight to the death for it.

True story.

So someone...PRAY FOR ME. lol.

And to all of you HAPPY ST PADDY'S DAY!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well I do not know many Irishmen myself. But I do understand that this is their favorite holiday, and I grew up in Chicago which dyes the river green every year.

But ... I have one green shirt and I forgot to wear it today. I am out of the loop. And I used to make corned beef and cabbage every year on this day, but no one eats it so I don't do that anymore.

I'm a real boring St Patrick's Day date :)