Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 16, 2009

Tomorrow is St Paddy's Day.

There is so much to an Irishman. I had no idea walking in. lol


Not that I would trade it, but I wish I was better prepared.

The children & I had a unit study one year on the Irish. John told me he really wanted the children to know their heritage, and we should study it. To which I responded, " But honey, there are about 2 books on El Salvador in the library."

Thats not what he meant.

It was quite a fascinating study. I learned so much of the rich history. It also helped me tremendously to understand my husband. There was even a book called The Irishman in the kid's section. I laughed thinking, okay, right. I read it anyway.

Well, it was kind of creepy how they pegged him to a T, as though they had been looking in our window, watching him, in order to write the book. There is a way of the Irishman. It helps to know it.

And so, though we will have our traditional meal of corned beef, (which most real Irish NOT from this country never have, but...) potatoes, Irish soda bread; we will also have rice with tomato/lemon salad on the side.

Because after all, he married a hispanic.

1 comment:

Gena said...

I love the combining of the cultures! It makes for one delicious meal.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and yours. I hope it is wonderful.