Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 17, 2008

HAPPY ST PADDY'S DAY!


HAPPY ST PADDY'S DAY EVERYONE!!!

So being a hispanic, I never remembered when it was St Patrick's Day.  I didn't even get it. If someone said to me " Tell me when St Patrick's Day is or you will die"  I would have said,  "Well, just shot me now."  

I couldn't even tell you what month it was!!!!  I felt like people would just show up to school dressed in all green, random-like.  Then people would ask me why I wasn't wearing green.  For years, it was like.....HUH?

Then I married an Irishman.  Both sets of his grandparents came off the boat.  One of his grandmas smoked a pipe.

Yeah.

Forgetting this day is NOT an option.

This is a holiday. A feast day.

So, can I say, my parents have learned to love this day!!  They love the food and the traditions.  Adding to the quote..."Everyone is Irish today!!"

When Chloe was about 10, John & his dad suggested she start irish dancing.  I had never heard of such a thing.  What does that mean?  So, after a bit of research, I found a school.  She quickly danced her way to national champion level.

Can I say,  what a nightmare?  lol.  Who knew so much was involved?  Required? Expected? The competition dress alone was a pain the neck to find.  The wig!   HAHAHAHAHAHA.  The wig.

Okay, I will stop now.

Chloe competed for years.  Here she is with my mom at one of the competitions.

Here she is at an irish tea.


She quit after her junior year of high school.  She had enough.  Plus having to dance ballet 5x a week didn't leave too much room for much of anything else.

So, her granddaddy, actually both of them loved to watch her dance.  Even the hispanic one.  :)

I need to go out and get the butter milk for Irish soda bread ( my mom's favorite) start boiling the corned beef, and get some celtic music on.

And to all of you, remember that Italian man, who had a heart and love for The Saviour, and it came out with compassion for the Irish.  May we follow his lead.  Happy St Patrick's Day!!

2 comments:

Mishel said...

Hi Madeleine! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments!

I enjoyed the pictures of your daughter in her Irish dance costume. I *love* to watch Irish dancing and can only imagine all the work that goes into it.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!! : )

Grafted Branch said...

My Fifi is all about Ireland right now! It's comical. And unrelenting.

We have a friend who does the Irish dancing, and see how expensive and involved it is, and I am just so thankful that by the time Fifi cared at all, she was too old to start and too committed to her violin. Whew!