Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, November 21, 2008

Thankfulness

I just popped over to Becky's blog and stole this.

She gave permission, so maybe its not stealing, but .......I don't know what the word is for this. Sharing??

Anyway, it looks like thankful fun, so here it goes....


1. Where is your cell phone? In my purse. Dead. As usual. But I am thankful that when I lost it this week, and I found it under my truck in the driveway, I hadn't run over it. Like I did my last phone.

2. Where is your significant other? Work. I am so very thankful he is still working. The construction business has slowed down to a crawl. Everyday he leaves for work, I thank God.

3. Your hair color? Almost black with sprinkles of gray. I am thankful I don't have to color all the time yet.

4. Your mother? My mom(parents) lives 7 minutes from my house. VERY thankful for that. She is, at this moment, in PA though, visiting with my sister for a few days.

5. Your father? At work. He retired years ago. But sitting around just didn't work for the 2 of them, so he got himself another job. I'm thankful he is still active.

6. Your favorite thing? Dreams. Dreams give you hope, even if/when they don't come true, keep on dreaming. And sitting on my front porch on summer nights, watching the family activity going on in the front yard.

7. Your dream last night? I don't rightly remember. I am thankful it wasn't a nightmare that would have woken me up in terror.

8. Your dream/goal? To be there for the broken hearted. To be able to be available.

9. The room you're in? Dining room. It is the heart of our home. Its in the center, and everything happens here. I am thankful for the talks and teaching that have happened around the table.

10. Your hobby? Reading, history, sewing, coaching, capturing life on "film" (do we say memory stick now?) football, board games...

11. Your fear? Heights, speed and loud noises. I am thankful that the only times these 3 are usually together are in roller coasters. I am not a roller coaster fan.

12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? (warning, this is a DREAM): Texas. With granchildren around, my new daughter delighting in life, and my going-to-be-a-high-schooler-in-6-years son living life still excited about the next thing, the love of my life finding peace.

13. Where were you last night? Watching the Georgia Tech/U Miami game in the basement.

14. What you're not? Thin. Hopefully one day.

15. One of your wish-list items? A bigger kitchen. But I am thankful for a home.

16. Where you grew up? Central Jersey. Still here, all of 7 minutes from where I grew up. I am thankful for the familiarity and the ability to afford this place. So far.

17. The last thing you did? Encouraged son to not make hasty decisions, but to continue to trust Jesus. I am thankful he has matured enough to ask.

18. What are you wearing?Pajama pants and a sweat shirt from waking up. I am thankful that, if need be, I don't have to fancy up to start school. ( Though I am usually dressed before we start, personal pet peeve)

19. Your TV? In the furthest corner of the basement. Usually only on for football games.

20. Your pet? 2 beagles, a leonberger, and 2 cats. I am thankful for my dogs. They really bring alot of joy to our home.

21. Your computer? A new Apple. We just converted from PCs, and I am thankful for the change.

22. Your mood? A little anxious about the Mock Trial scrimmage this afternoon. I coach the team. Thankful that it is a learning competition, not the real thing, yet.

23. Missing someone? My daughter. Even though she is upstairs sleeping, I don't really get to see her or speak to her all that often anymore. But I am thankful for the moments we do get together.

24. Your car? Suburban. I love my car. And I am thankful that gas prices went down.

25. Something you're not wearing? My sheep's wool slippers. I lost them. When I find them, I will be thankful for their warmth.

26. Favorite store? Target & Costco. My motto: If Target or Costco don't have it, I probably don't need it. I may want it, but I don't need it. My favorite store that I don't need anything from: Talbot's. I am thankful for good bargains!!

27. Your summer? Busy. I always look forward to rest, but I have yet to find it. I am thankful for the ability to be busy. For good health & busy hands.

28. Love someone? Jesus. That says it all.

29. Your favorite color? Green. All except for vomit green. I am thankful that alot of things in this world are green, and they make me happy.

30. When is the last time you laughed? Last night. I was going through files, and I found the photobooth files. Samuel made a movie, and I laughed so hard, I thought I was going to have to run to the powder room, and I was afraid I was not going to make it. My tummy hurt afterwards, but it was worth it. I am thankful I have such a funny kid.

31. Last time you cried? I am a pathetic crier. It doesn't take much, and I ususally tell people to ignore my tears. Last time I cried was last week, when my daughter got engaged. That time it was for real. I am thankful for my emotions. I am not ruled by them, but at least I am not cold-hearted.

Steal away!!

I am thankful for so much, and I need to reflect on that so much more then I do.

I am thankful for my Lord Jesus above all. To Him be all Glory and Honor. And every bit of my thankfulness. .

3 comments:

TO BECOME said...

Dear Madeleine, I enjoyed reading your post. We are alike in a lot of things. I wanted to stop by and say, HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I will be gone for the holiday. connie

BumbleBee Bagz said...

love you and all your info. Btw I'm a ballbaby too!

Mishel said...

This was fun to read...and I had to laugh about your cell phone. Mine is usually dead too. : )