Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

We Have an Appointment!!!!

We have an appointment!!!  Our youngest daughter is coming home!!!!

We got the notice this morning, that we have an appointment in Kinshasa to drop off paper work on June 7, and interview of June 11! I don't know how soon after the interview we get to come home.

Of course, when I say we, I mean, hopefully our chaperone that will bring her home if they accept our request.  

I am slightly disappointed that is so long.  It used to take 2 weeks to get your appoinemt, this one is ...what...6 weeks away??!!??!  STILL, it is finally happening.


This also means that Samuel will not get to meet her until he comes home from Southern Sudan at the end of July.  

Bummer.

Speaking of S. Sudan, the boy leaves in a month.  I have to find a place that can give you a yellow fever shot.  I asked our pediatrician if she can do it.  She tried not to laugh in my face.  She failed.  I still love her anyway.

When I asked her where we can get it done, she had no idea.  I asked her where she sent others who asked her.  She said in all the years she has been a pediatrician, I was her first request.

OOOooOOKKKkkkAAaaaYYyY then.

Off to Google land.

ANYWAY.  Interesting fact:  If you think about it, 2 of our children will be in Africa at the same time!  In fact, in countries bordering each other.  Yet, in reality, worlds away.

Back to NJ.

ENOCH is around the corner.  Again, I am working at it. This is our 21st year homeschooling. Huh, let me see.. I have a 3 year old.  That means, um, at least 14 more years to go.

As exhausting as that sounds, I also enjoy seeing the new opportunities and resources that homeschooling now provides compared to 20 years ago. It will be intereseting to see what it looks like 10 years from now.

Our cars are green. We are now in the *die* season of allergies.  I have friends who are just as miserable as can be.  Everyone in this house is fine.  But how annoying is it to open my front door, and find yet another film of green on my front porch.  It almost has to be cleaned 2x a day, hosed down, swept, swept again.

But I am loving the green world again.

Farmer's markets are just around the corner.

Our garden started sprouting.

The smell of freshly cut grass.

Driving down the street and the trees green, full and lucious.

I love it.

Well, back to school.  Learning the difference between seeing the NT from a Hebraic point of view vs. a Greek point of view.  Interesting stuff.

It was only 8:30 at night.  They both passed out.  She, like her big sister, gets that talent from her father.  lol.




No comments: