Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Allergy season

The Love of MyLife had such horrible allergies, that it was not uncommon for him to say, "  I would very much like to rip my face off."

Several times a day.

He had to take massive amounts of prescription meds so that he could breath/survive/not commit suicide.

Then, about 5 or 6 years ago, I decided that was enough.

First, how could I, in good faith, let him put that many chemicals in his body?  What were they going to do to him in the long run? Is it going to be this way for the rest of his life??!!?  I wasn't even thinking organic/holistic/natural back then.

Just common sense that it just could not be good.

I took him off all dairy.

It helped IMMENSELY.  It was a start.

Then I bought local honey.

For the past few years, he hasn't even had to take a cough drop.

But he sure has missed his milk.

Now he is drinking the raw milk and he is as happy as a clam.  It is not affecting his allergies at all.  (the farmer told us it wouldn't.  In fact, he told us it would help) He loves to come home from work, go to the refrigarator, pour a glass of milk and gulp it down.  He has missed his milk in the past years, and is so thankful to have it back.

I am thankful he is not on the medications.

I was listening to our talk radio station.  I LOVE talk radio.  Seriously, I prefer it to music more often than not.

They were talking about the fact that even though the national ratio of kids having autism is 1: 88 ( some say 1:100. Regardless, it is incredibly high, as opposed to 1:10,000 which used to be the ratio 30 years ago)  New Jersey ratio is 1:47.

It has been in the paper, it has been on most Jersey radio news, tv, and or course, like I said, talk radio.

Um....WhAt??!!??!

Why????

Researching it, it makes sense.

If you are interested, research it.  Me, telling you, makes me sound like a hippy.  If you know me, I am not a hippy.  It would be almost laughable to think I am a hippy. lol. OK FINE.  I may or may not like some James Taylor songs.  And of that makes me a hippy, so be it.

But I am tired of being cow-like, just following the crowd to the impairment of my family.  I am tired of being educated by entertainment.  I am tired of trying to talk to people who are perfectly happy being ignorant, and getting angry with me.  So if interested, look it up.

But it is crazy/scary.

It is kind of like the fact that I LOVE being a follower of Jesus.  And how I wish others would find HIS Truth.  How they could live a joyfilled life, inspite of their circumstances.  How eternal life is worth giving up some instant pleasure.  But people don't want to hear that, either.

:::sigh:::


Okay, to the next subject, I did sometimg crazy.

Again.

I got season tickets for Six Flags for the family.

WhAt WaS i ThInKiNg??!!??!!??!

No comments: