Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Grace Makes Beauty,Out of Ugly Things

Last night, while I was washing dishes and Samuel was drying, he asked me how come the only time GOD showed mercy in the OT was when Abraham asked HIM to spare Sodom and Gomorah.

Boy, was that a great conversation, because I was able to point to time and time again in the OT when HE was merciful even though they( and now we) didn't deserve it.  EVER.

Which at one point lead us to Hosea.  ( It really was a long conversation, way past the dishes)

He was shocked.  Stunned. Relieved. At peace.

This morning, I was reading this blog, which even though I have her book on my nook, I have yet to finish reading it.

ANYWAY, she wrote this on her blog:


I have known this though: An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves us all starving and groping in the dark.


This is a very common thought, and in all honesty, it is true.

BUT, the only thing is, when it was written in Exodus 24:17 - 23, well, it was merciful.  I know it doesn't sound like it, but in reality, as we know...we tend not to be as forgiving as we would like to think we are.  In the heat of the moment, if someone hurts us, we would very much like to hurt him back even more than they hurt us.  You broke my arm?  I will tear your arm off.  In fact, if I can get away with it, I will also tear off your son's arm.  But your arm will suffice if need be.

Harsh, but really, unless we are merciful and forgiving, it is usually our train of thought.  And shamefully, sometimes our thoughts, if not in line with HIS, turn into our actions.

So if one is going to be punished, it will be limited to the crime done, not above and beyond.

Now, JESUS went to the forgiveness part.  HE said...let it go, for your enemy's sake.  For your own. And for The Kingdom.

We have an amazing, long lineage of people ( not including Constantine and his part)  who forgave, and more often than not, the Gospel exploded to the hearts of the people around them because of it.  Such as the Auca Indians, who are now about 84% Christians. One of many situations.

GOD is ever merciful.

What do I deserve?

Hell.

Through HIS SON, what can I get?

Mercy, grace, love, peace, being a daughter of the KING.

Grace really does make beauty out of ugly things.

No comments: