Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Thoughts.

It has been a busy last few days.  They never stop being busy, but they also have been great.

We are working towards the tail end of our schooling, going longer then I would like, but doing well.

Next year we will start Kolbe Academy Homeschool, which is what my oldest son graduated from and we were quite pleased with the outcome.  We go the Classical Trivium route of education.  Why?  I don't know.  And though we are not Catholic by faith, their program is excellent, and they accepted us.  ( They accept anybody.  :D )lol.


While my youngest son is so ridiculously smart, he is a disciplined mess.  :P  So I am opting to start him with Kolbe early so he gets used to the program by the time he hits high school.  

And another issue we have been dealing with in this home, is having a 12 year old boy.  Going to be 13 this year.  To anyone who has one, I need not say more.

To those who don't have one, or have forgotten, pray for survival in this home.  He goes from delightful, to terrorist, to ridiculous, to angry, to funny, to embarrassed, to being a hug monster, to making believe that his life began the day he crawled out from under a rock.   This, all in the span of about 1/2 hour.

Yeah.

OH, and another thing we are working through is...

missions.

I love missions.  I have always believe a church without a missions mind set, is a dying church.  That may sound a little harsh, but I am okay with that.  Proclaiming HIS name is our heart beat.  It is our lives lived out to HIS glory.  As Steve Green  reapeated what Jesus said...across the street or around the world. 




And let me tell you something, across the street is sometimes as hard as across the world.   

But both are oh so important.

And so, we are starting the thought process of how to start our 12 year old boy thinking about  missions. Let me rephrase that.  How to live out what he has been taught since he could grasp any kind of knowledge.  What will be his options?  GOD's desire for him? When, where, and yes, even why?

It is a good process and I am excited about it.

Until then, we will survive the middle school years.

They are the stone to sharpen his father and I for our future.  As well as his.

1 comment:

McNew Family said...

Oh my GOODNESS, Madeleine! I have been absent from bloggy land for a lONG time, and what do I come back to? Two new sweet ones for you! Oh, such HUGE congrats on your new grandson!!!!! And you are waiting for a new daughter to join you, too!!!1 Yipeeeee! Tell me all, dear friend! Oh - we used Kolbe for a number of years ourselves - can't recommend them enough!