Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

If you can't beat 'em...

I usually don't follow the 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" philosophy.  It is very unChrist-like. But sometimes you just make the best of a situation, and move on.

According to my ticker on top of this blog, we have been married 26 years, 4 months, 1 week and 5 days as of today.

Well, for the past 26 years, 4 months, 1 week and 4 days, I have been hoping, praying, begging, dreaming, going to realtor.com, and right out demanding we move out of Jersey.  (  I know, I know...pray for me)

Yup.  One day after we got married, I started lobbying.

As you can see, I never did succeed.

(God must really need us here something awful.)

PLUS, I married a Jersey guy, born and bred.  And Irish.  Pretty much the most stubborn combination on the face of the earth.

So since we are going to stay here, we may as well enjoy what 'here' has to offer.

So, I told the Love of My Life that since I am surrendering my dreams of #1 Texas, #2 Colorado, and #3 anywhere but Jersey, I am going to go ahead and get a couple more museum memberships in NYC, reserve a weekend down the shore for the 2 of us more often, drive my suburban around more instead of my station wagon, and blast my country music while doing it.

So if you don't mind, allow me my delusions for a minute or 2.

And try to understand in order for me survive, i will follow the philosophy: if you can't beat 'em...join 'em.

1 comment:

Kathy C. said...

You are so cute! Play that music girl! :) hee hee