Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

walk in HIS ways

I have been in a Holy Struggle the last few weeks.



I went to sleep last night at about 1:30am, and woke up about 6 times during the night. This morning, I beg my Lord to give me instruction from HIS Word, once again. To put this heart of mine at peace.



HE DID!!



He is so wonderful, this God of mine. I was reading Ephesians 4 today, and it hit me. I have not been a "prisoner for the Lord." As I read the chapter, I wept with joy. I felt my heart begin to become less burdened with every word. HE is in control. I worry entirely too much, as though I could do anything about anything!!

Okay okay, confession time. I ALWAYS want to be in control of how things happen. As though I have a right, or at least have done a decent job in the past. Neither of which are true.

I keep telling my kids , when they say life is not fair or when they think they have rights, " As a child of God, you have the right to serve others , and thats it." I guess its about time I take my own advice, and be set free.

1 comment:

Grafted Branch said...

I tend to be a worrier/controller too. It's a hard habit to break. And now, my oldest daughter and I are *both* trying to break the bad habit...uh...sin...together--with the help of God.

The only good part is that it gives us *lots* of opportunities to speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs (Eph 5:19).