Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 2, 2012



I am tired.

Seriously, parenting is exhausting.

Wifing ( I made that word up) is exhausting.

Last night I watched the tail end of Fireproof.  Again.

I remember when it first came out, how people either loved it or thought it was so cheesy, it was bordering on insulting.

I liked it.  

A lot.

I certainly wasn't holywood-ish.  But that was part of its charm.

Anyway, watching it again reminded me...

STOP DEMANDING YOUR RIGHTS.

As Americans, that is such a foreign concept for us.

My son reminds me all the time of his rights.  I remind him his basic rights are to serve others;

And to surrender himself for HIS glory.

Which flies in the face of what the world is telling him.

And telling me.

Glad I saw the movie again.

Last week, I took the boys ( Samuel & Co.) as well as Elena to Six Flags.

Again.

I find it hilarious how sometimes the boys want to go on the kiddie rides, so they snatch Elena from me and use her as an excuse to HAVE to go on certain rides.

As if she needs 3 chaperones.




Mind you, they also go on those rides that will take 5 years off your life in 2 minutes.

You can't get me on those for nothing.

The most adventurous ride I like is the Buccaneer boat. 

True story.



My son leaves in 6 days.  He is gone for 7 1/2 weeks.

Most people tell me we are crazy to send him.

It hurts.  But not in a bad way, just in a human way. 

At the same time, I will not be one of those people who say " Jesus said we would be persecuted."

Duh.

I mean HE did say that.

But not as something to exhalt ourselves, to use for an excuse and to let everybody know that we are so holy.

Because in the end, we make choices.  We live it out as best as we can, we take the hits, the knocks and the consequences fo those decisions.

Good or bad.

And we move forward.

I am excited for him.  In a terrified way.  lol.

After all I am his mom.

I am already counting the days until he comes home.

If you are of the praying persuasion, please keep him in prayer.

And finally,


WE GOT PICTURES OF OUR DAUGHTER!!!!!


Woo-Hoo!

She is beautiful.  And it has nothing to do with her looks.  It is because she is our daughter.  <3

Legally, we can not post the pictures publicly.  Just friends and family.

But when she gets home!

<3  

Yous are all going to sick of all the pictures.

Excuse my Jersey.

No comments: