Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 7, 2010

This Weekend I...

I decided to Join Becky ( who is fabulous) over at keys to the cottage in...

Keys to the Cottage


~ went to a funeral mass

~went to a high school graduation party

~NAPPED for the first time in years

~heard a sermon that moved me to tears

~had to sit between my children during service to stop the madness

~started writing a writing program for a young man I am tutoring this summer

~ went to BJs

~ had dinner at my parents

~took out a blanket to stay warm at night.

~ cleaned up the garbage that was all over the kitchen when we got home. Thank you puppies.

7 comments:

chloë. said...

It's June! You're still using blankets??

It was so hot here this weekend, that we had the ac on non-stop. The humidity may actually kill me.

Robin said...

We are still in blanket season too!
And I clearly remember the days I had to sit between the children at church. My husband is the pastor so I was on my own with four little girls. Whew! I made it - two of those little girls now have little ones of their own and I still sit between them at church!

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

What a fun post! I may borrow this idea. :)

Love that you needed a blanket in June and that you heard a good sermon. Two very great things!!

Oh and the fact that you had to sit between your children to stop the madness makes me love you even more than I thought. LOL.

Mrs. M said...

A blanket ... how devine!

And a funeral and a graduation in the same weekend. Such a dichotomy of life. I'm sorry for your loss.

I am so glad that you joined in. I can't think of an easier post can you? It just makes me happy to see you had time to do it.

Have a great week, Maddie!

(FYI .... the word verification on your comments is "rested". Cool, eh?)

Cheri said...

What a blessing that you are able to have dinner at your parents. I still can have dinner at my folks house too...if I cook.:)

Wish I could share some of our heat with you - it was 90 here the other day.

Karen said...

Those puppies! We have one, too, so I can relate to the garbage all over:(

It sounds like an emotion filled weekend. I love the saying in your header.

Kathy C. said...

What's a blanket?

LOL Kidding!

It's so super hot here, and HUMID! Though I must have the air down just so I can have a blanket on me for coziness, lol.

Sounds like busy weekend my dear, glad you took a nap...aren't they wonderful? :)