Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 25, 2010

Fly away!

I can't believe how fast the weeks seems to fly!!

I can't believe my daughter's 1 year anniversary is just around the corner!

I can't believe Elly was placed in our arms almost 6 months ago!

I can't believe how much I have NOT accomplished yet!!


But life indeed flies by, and I need to love every minute of it. Good, bad, ugly, sad.

Elly got this thing for John for Father's Day. They are enjoying it, and Samuel is pretty good at it. Elly gets to stand super close. :) But for some reason, they won't let me do that.


And she is one social butterfly. She loves to smile and laugh. Don't get me wrong, she is still as stubborn as all get out, but when she isn't being stubborn, she is a delight!



Speaking of flying...

My son left yesterday for Israel. He will be gone for almost 2 weeks. And how does a 24 year old pack for 2 weeks?

A carry on and a backpack. Words escape me.


Wesley of course packed the same way. lol.



My word of advice to these two as they are trying not to jump out of their skin with excitement??

Don't get arrested.


And speaking of flying..

I definitely DID NOT fly home from JFK. In fact, I took a wrong turn and instead of getting home in about an hour and 20 minutes, I saw this:



That wrong turn, took me into NYC. During rush hour. With Elly & Samuel in the car. And Elly had to 'powder her nose.'

So 3 hours later, I got home. But it was a good time to pray for them and their trip.

And so in the end, it all worked out, and it reminded me that God is good.

All the time. Even when it flies by.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

it escapes me how guys can pack so light! Are they just wearing the same underwear every day?? How do they do it??

I am so jealous of their trip, though! I'm sure they'll have an amazing time!!

Elly is too cute!!!! :) Have a great weekend!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Josiah (my 20 year old) likes to pack that way too! It amazes me! I have to pack for every and any possibility. He, I think, would skip the carry-on entirely and just go with the back pack if I didn't nag him! LOL!

chloë. said...

next time you should pay for them to take a taxi.

haha, just kidding. Nana would never let you live it down if you did. Unless it was her idea. Then it would be totally acceptable.