Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 20, 2009

I am joining Kelly in her Furthering the Kingdom Fridays.

I know I am suppose to put her little sign here, but I am a computer ignoramus. Sad, but true.


Meet my youngest son. (the one with the wooden gun) If our guns were real, we would have enough to arm everyone in town. Guns were/are taboo in life, but they are a reality, and one should have a respected fear of them. Did that lesson come through?


You just never know what will crawl out of his shirt during school. I don't know if he knows how to school with out an animal.



So, we were at Target, and I saw this carpet I really like for Chloe's room. Samuel threw it on the floor, and threw himself on top of it.

I had to ask.

" Just making sure if I ever fall asleep on her floor, it will be comfortable." I had to ask. Welcome to my world.



I was reading to him, and when I went to ask him a question, this is what I saw. Amazingly enough, though this kid NEVER sits still, he knows all the answers.



Um, thats a beagle, son. Get him out of your shirt and finish your grammar.



I don't know if he has ever just "brushed his teeth". I mean, what is more boring or ordinary then brushing your teeth. He doesn't realize its suppose to be ordinary.



I don't even notice the animals popping out of his shirt anymore.




What better way to listen to a history lesson?



All to say, I thought I had parenting down pat. My older 2 children were, well, "normal" to teach. Then came this child. A child of answered prayer. He learns differently. And I can't put him in a box. He is brilliant, active, can and will have any conversation with anybody, and is about 15 steps ahead of me.

There are times when I have to remember its my job to teach him to his strengths, not to my expectations. Not that he is not required to have some kind of structured, classical trivium education requires that. But he... well, he just learns the same thing, differently.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He reminds me of my middle son. He would do his multiplication tables orally but walking on the dining room chairs. From one chair to the next he'd say them out loud. But it worked for him.