Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer in the city/beach/mountainside




I am always in the illusion that things will slow down in the summer.  No more chaotic schedules to be tied down to, and I have come to realize, no schedule means anything goes.

And anything does go.

Being in Jersey gives us many opportunities to do, truly, whatever we want.  

Like go into the city just to watch street performers.  Granted if we wanted to we could eat food from anywhere in the world, go to museums, see sights that are truly amazing to behold.  Or just go watch street performers.


And even though we have seen this lighthouse for about 30 years, I don't think we have ever taken a picture of it.  It is the Titanic Memorial Lighthouse.


Or we could go down the shore.  I am not a shore fan, but everyone else in my house is, so...



Or go on hikes...

Or jump off bridges.  

Do you remember when your mother ( or maybe you say this, too) used to say " Well, if everyone jumped off a bridge would you do it too??"  I can never use that on my son.  He would be the one to jump first.


Or jump off cliffs.  


Jersey has a lot to offer.  It is truly an opportunity state.  It is an expensive state, but one can kind of see why.

So why have I wanted to leave this great state?

I think I was born for island living.  Or country living.  Or foreign land living.

But here I am.  To GOD be the Glory.  Let me bloom where HE planted me.


ON ANOTHER NOTE:

We got a picture of Audrey that was taken on Wednesday.  And PRAISE GOD, truly, she looks so much better and healthier.  And can I say...beautiful.  <3  

Funny story:

When we got the pictures, I first sat and stared in awe for a few minutes.  Then I called Elly over so she could see her little sister.  She came running and she was about to say " AAaaWWwwww..."  It started as and " Aww..."  But finished with, "  MOMMY!!!  CAN I HAVE MY HAIR LIKE THAT??!!??!!??"  

See, Audrey has all sorts of braids and beads weaved in her hair.  

And now my little chinese daughter, with hair as straight as a pin...wishes she could do the same.

These 2 will be interesting together.   :D


1 comment:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Oh, that is SOOO funny what Elly said! Hilarious!

You better be brush up on braiding all hair types!

Looks like you guys are having a great summer!