Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Trying...

We are almost past the survival mode!

It was so awful; there are no words.

Truly.

We missed church on Sunday because I woke up at 12:30 pm, and basically, I crawled to the tv and watched the games. Oh how much I missed watching my games. Then at about 2am, I was good to go! The rest of the family is also on a wacky schedule.

AARRGGHH.

But today I woke up at 7:40am. The closest to my wake up time in the last 3+weeks!! Only an hour and 10 minutes difference!

And how is Miss Elly doing??


She LOVES to color.



And as you can see with your own eyes, she is doing well with the animals. Much to the animals distress. lol.


And as far as John going to work, she is adjusting pretty okay. :) She can finally give daddy a kiss good bye when he leaves, but only after crying and clinging for 5 minutes. I guess it helps that she realizes he DOES come home, eventually.

Once he is gone, though, she is a happy girl. Until he comes home, and then she is glued to him again.

And she had her first trip to Costco. If her eyes could have popped out of her head, they would have. Oh the wonder, the colors, things and brightness of it! She kept looking at me as though I was a goddess, being able to produce all this. And being able to sit in the carriage??? Forget it. She almost kissed my feet.

Poor child. One day, it will be old hat to her, but for now, we love the newness of discovery in her little life. We love the simplicity of her past.

And she is talking in English. wOw! Okay, she still chatters up a storm in Chinese, but she is able to be understood pretty well, and remembers so much.

In it all, we are thankful for this little girl of our hearts. It was all worth it.

All of it.

6 comments:

Kathy C. said...

Oh Madeleine! I've been thinking about you. Wondering when you'd find the time to post. I'm so glad you did. I had thought about two things you mentioned, how she would do with the animals (she's actually ok with the dogs too?), and how she would adjust to John leaving for work.
I'm so happy things are going pretty smoothly...Blessings my friend!

Unknown said...

Oh that is so great! So great! I am amazed at how quickly children adjust to new surroundings and language. It is truly remarkable. She looks SO happy.

My husband's new job is resettling refugees in this country. I went with him on Saturday to visit a family. He had to get their electricity up and running and I watched as he taught them how to turn the lamps off and on in their apartment, and how to heat the oven and turn on the stove. It was the same ... big eyes. They wanted me to turn on the tv (a church had supplied everything in their new apartment) and when I did they sat and watched the blue screen (no cable of course).

It was so funny.

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

That's wonderful!! And the fact that you are almost over jet lag is impressive...it seriously took me 2+ weeks before I felt back to normal.

Deb said...

Sounds like things are coming together nicely and on target there!

I'm so glad I video taped some of Sugar's chattering in Chinese....one day she will be amazed she spoke it.
I said "Ni Hao" to her yesterday and she said "What"?......I said "Hi" and she said "Oh, hello"......sadened me really. I'm hoping to get her into Manderin speaking class every other Saturday to try to keep her at least speaking a bit here and there.
As for the trip to the store...Sugar is a hands on everything kind of gal...until she understands better I won't go into a store that doesn't have carts! ;O)

We were in NY 2 years ago....we loved it. If we ever go back I'll let you know.

Sorry to hear about your pastors wife...that must of hit hard with your church family. Thanks for thinking of us in your prayers. I am truly humbled.

Bless you sweet friend,
Debz

Gena said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! She is so beautiful. I have not been able to visit you for a while. I am glad to see the addition to your sweet family is settling in nicely. What a wonderful, incredibly, amazing start to the New Year. You are so blessed!

I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you get some rest, but I know that you will at some point, some day. And it will still be worth it. The sleepless nights, the busy days - all worth it.

Hugs and love to you and yours!
Gena

GreenPunkMama said...

Glad to see she loves the animals ;) She looks so bright and cheerful, I can't wait to meet her! My mom and I will have to visit this spring, Gavin's at his best when he can be outside rather than inside.