Let's Dance to HIS tune.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 6, 2010

Sorrow in Joy.


Tis the season to be jolly...

For many this is true.

For many this is not.

I think of Mishel.  I have prayed for Mishel for years.  And continue to do so.  Won't you stop by and see?

And I think of my son.  My son is an urban missionary.  He goes places even the police don't go.  Some of the stories he shares with me... some of the lives he deals with... how his own heart  aches an breaks as he realizes how destitute life could be for some.

In this beautiful season, this THANKFUL season of celebrating the birth of our Saviour & Lord, let us look beyond our own little corner of our lives, beyond gifts and decorating.  Beyond our agenda.  Not that these are bad by any means, but reach out to those HE came for, not just us.  HIS true heart went to the destitute, the lonely, the hurting, the poor, the hopeless.



Be HIS heart, HIS hands, HIS feet, HIS head, and yes, even HIS purse.

And you will celebrate Christmas HIS way.

And you will find the joy in the middle of the tears.

And start to be a little more like HIM.

4 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Wow, I am totally humbled by both of the sites you referred to.

Great post, my friend.

Mishel said...

Aww, thank you for your sweet words. You are too good to me...

Thanking the Lord for you this evening...

Hugs and love,
mishel

Sophie said...

Beautiful and inspiring post Madeleine.

jesusgirl1108 said...

Very Nice.... So true. Thank you for sharing your feelings.